Media & Editorial Division
The Media Division of the Bureau is mainly responsible for producing health education and publicity material for carrying out health education programmes in the country on scientific lines by disseminating the latest and correct information to the people about health and prevention of diseases and thereby creating awareness among the people and motivate them for desired changes in health behaviour.
On average 15 exhibitions are organised every year in different areas of Health and Family Welfare to educate the people on different aspects of health. Assistance is given to different official/non-official organizations in planning; production and use of exhibition media in health education programmes. Besides organising exhibitions, exhibition material is also loaned to the organizations working in the field of health education.
The Bureau participates in the national/international fairs to publicise the programmes and achievements on behalf of the Ministry. In 1983, the Bureau worked jointly with the Department of Family Welfare for arranging a pavilion in the International Trade Fair.
Photographic coverage is done for the support of health programmes of the Directorate General of Health Services, and Ministry of Health and; Family Welfare. These photographs are used in the health publicity/educational material.
Functions and Duties of Division
1. To produce prototype health education materials on all health Issues.
2. To provided media services to the different divisions of the bureau.
3. To provide media services to the all National Health Programmes and Technical Divisions of the Directorate General of Health Services.
4. To prepare scripts for All India Radio and Doordarsan Kendras on Health Issues of Public Health Interest.
5. To coordinate with various ministries and departments., non-governmental and private agencies.
6. To facilitate and promote the production and dissemination of need-based health educational materials in print electronic and folk media.
7. To provide resource and to participate in capacity building programmes on different types of media for health communication.